Thursday, January 10, 2008

chicken whore evangelists


Sometimes I truly believe in my heart that my job could not be anymore random, the upside is that you are never, ever bored in this office.

Today I went abroad in the land of New Town where I cavorted around to various office complexes delivering joy and various assorted chicken coupons. We are trying to spread the world about the awesomeness that is the Spitfire Rotisserie. People seemed really excited about trying it, apparently meat that gets rotated around and roasted for hours is a big hit with the masses:) It was fun wandering around, meeting the locals and spreading the good word to all.

I knew nothing about what was brewing back at the office, where a crazy plan was busy being hatched. So I arrived back to the shop on a giddy chicken high only to discover that wait for it.... my boss Craig Reeves wanted to become an ordained minister. Now not like a minister who gets a calling and attends seminary and begins living the word of God... no no a minister who gets ordained on line and gets to carry a laminated card saying that he is a member of the church and should get preferential parking if it is offered to clergy.

It was hard to believe that this was for real. But it was. So the research commenced and we began to Google and attempt to discover how he could become the honored brother Reverend Craig Reeves. If you ever want to do something terrifying try googling 'become ordained minister'. Not only is it almost universally free, it is legal! Which is crazy. So we looked into Virginia state law which requires only that you send your ordination certificate and a list of good recommendations to the county clerks office and then you can begin practicing. So friends and loyal readers at some point you will live in a world where Craig Reeves will be able to legally start his own congregation. He is thinking of making his symbol a tree. We are not quite sure what that symbolizes yet and we are a little scared to ask truth be told.

I am still unsure whether or not this will end well but I am relatively certain that I will be sent straight to hell for having any part in it.

I'll keep you posted. At any rate I am sure he will throw an amazing ordination party:)

No comments:

Post a Comment