Friday, February 8, 2013

Honeymooners



Gus and I are getting so excited as we prepare to go to Costa Rica next weekend for our honeymoon. A honeymoon of which I might add was entirely funded by our amazing wedding guests. Our loved ones have literally bought us a trip to paradise and we could not be more grateful/ completely crazy thrilled about the trip. 


I love traveling. It was instilled in me at a young age and I have always adored being on the go. Which is both a blessing and a curse because being so far from everywhere you want to be you get very used to spending so much time in a car and en route or returning from something super fun. Traveling means a change of routines, a change of scenery, trying great new foods and drinks, meeting awesome people and seeing beautiful and important sights. 



The reason we choose Costa Rica is because we both love the sea, obviously it is where we picked to get married. Herms and I do better by the ocean and I miss it so much. Costa Rica was a great choice because it was exotic but still accessible by plane, it was on a beach but not built up and touristy and there is lots of interesting creatures there apparently howler monkeys and sea turtles just roam about our resort! We are staying at the Hideaway Hotel In Playa Samara  if you are interested in previewing our accommodations. 




We leave next Tuesday for Nashville, Tennessee where we are staying overnight before we fly out on Wednesday. We then return the following Wednesday and will explore Nashville before returning on Thursday. The day after we return Gus finds out where he has matched for internship and where we will be next year. Whew, so essentially kind of a whirlwind. I am in the process of pulling out my summer beach wear and packing up my flip flops in anticipation of sunny beaches, monkeys, and cocktails. Cannot wait to tell you all about the trip but more importantly thank you all for making this happen, this will be a honeymoon for the ages :) 




1 comment:

  1. Dad and I are so excited for you!!!! You must take lots of pictures of the turtles and monkeys =))
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete