Tuesday, January 29, 2013

At the movies...



The Queen of Versailles on Netflix (it is also on Amazon Prime streaming):

Gus and I bought ourselves a Roku for Christmas as a way to kick our dependency on crazy expensive satellite television in preparation for the austere living conditions of our internship year.  So now we subscribe to Netflix, Hulu and with my Amazon Prime account we get lots of fun streaming things too. In an effort to be more enlightened we attempt to watch at least a few documentaries a week.  I like to watch the food and nutrition based ones, but as a result of watching "Food Matters" we now want a juicer and I am terrified of drinking Diet Coke. So, my husband made me shift gears. 


We watched this last week and it is really, really interesting. It follows the rise and fall of the man who founded and runs Westgate time share properties as he and his wife try to build the biggest house in America in the midst of the mortgage crisis. His (third) wife is a trip and we could not decide whether we loved her or hated her but we certainly pitied her which is hard to do after seeing her closet. Anyways would totally recommend. When you are done you should do some googling to see the crazy that has ensued since this movies release. Mo' money mo' problems for reals. Let me know what you think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment