Monday, January 11, 2010

An Ode to the Christmas Vests


Despite the fact that I refuse to take my Christmas tree down until St. Patricks day the vests have been packed with the other assorted holiday tokens. But I love them so much that I have decided to write them a poem. Enjoy.


Dearest darling Christmas vests...
You started out lost and alone
but then we decided to take you home
the shop was rude they would not share
about our joy they did not care
but they came around and began to see
just how much you meant to me
so you came home for festive fun
we always knew you were the ones
to sparkle and shine and give us joy
you even perfectly fit the boy
some laughed and called you tacky
but we just knew you made us happy
Thank you vests for all the glitter
you have made our lives a little better
now I must put you guys away until next year
when I will wear you once again with seasonal cheer
so for now I will not pout or sigh
until next December Christmas vests, Goodbye!

1 comment: