Monday, January 11, 2010

Welcome to 2K10 WOOWOO


And I'm spent.


Clearly I have not written anything in a hot minute but I mean really who can blame me? I was too busy living my incredibly blessed and charmingly chaotic life. I had the most magical Christmas ever. I just thought I would throw that out there because the last time I blogged was um Christmas Eve and inquiring minds want to know. Gus and I made it home and spent the holidays driving, eating, shopping and smiling. Alot of smiling :)


My favorite part of the holidays was getting to spend so much time with mom, dad and Jonny, and as an added bonus getting to see all of my super fun aunts, uncles and one precocious cousin at my Grandparents compound in North Carolina. Unfortunately I did not get to hook up with all the friends that I wanted to see but sometimes you just need your mommy and I am not lost forever there was just way to much to fit into way too little time. But we made it work and had an incredible trip and you know what the best part is? I did not drive back to Illinois in tears. (*high five*)


That would not really qualify as an accomplishment for most people but you all know of my fall struggles and as we pulled off Elm St. on our way back to the old commonwealth I looked over my shoulder thinking good riddance. Being home though actually put lots of things in perspective. Things change but the people that you love the most are still going to understand and support you. There are others out there who get it. You are not alone. Well sometimes you are alone but thats okay because there are people in the universe thinking of you and putting great thoughts into the cosmos.


I am kind of rambling I know but I am a little rusty at this blog thing and I have a whole new lease on life for the New Year. Things are looking way up, I have discovered a radio station that I love, we got tons of snow and it is beautiful here (albeit v.v. cold), the house while not sterilized clean has developed a certain lived in coziness which makes it a place you look forward to going back to and not a place you anticipate escaping.


It is this new found sense of house love that has inspired Gus and I to throw our long awaited housewarming party. I am never happier then when I am planning a party and this is no exception. We have spent the last week fixing up the house and doing all of the little things that you do when you are trying to impress people with you sense of style and impeccable housekeeping skills. Herman and I are now proud card carrying member of our local Sam's Club which has opened up a whole new world for us, both times we have gone we find ourselves putting things in the cart and justifying them only to put them back two aisles later when we discover the next over sized treasure. It is a really fun game. Did anyone else know that Sam's carried Prada handbags? Eh? Don't worry I did not get one but the fact that you can get a Prada handbag and a 32 packs of toilet paper (which we did get) in the same place is amazing.


Slowly but surely Elm. St. is becoming a home and we have actually had alot of fun putting together and picking out new elements for our little bungalow. The best is yet to come for us here in So. Ill. and I for one and ready and willing for what my new year is going to bring!


Holy crap was that a positive outlook?

Don't worry you are still reading the same blog I promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment