Thursday, December 1, 2011

I am thankful for 2011 Elm St.


I am very thankful that there is a roof over my head and that it does not leak. Granted sometime the basement might leak a little but much less now after Herman dug the moat around the house:)

Sometimes when I am being grouchy about having to dust constantly or the fact that my BLUE (yes blue) counter tops show literally everything that ever touches them it becomes easy for me to lose sight of the fact that I have a lovely home to live in. It is warm in the winter and cool in the summer and through some trickery even has a big enough space to hang all my dresses. Yes it is in the middle of the Midwest and yes the floors creak and I am in a constant battle with spider crickets but it is a home that Gus and I have made together and I am very blessed to be so fortunate as to be able to call it our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment