Monday, October 1, 2007

the stride of pride

So I sat in on a meeting this morning with one of our lovely Manor brides ( whose name is also Erin :) and we were discussing what kind of music, if any at all , she would like to have playing as she walks down the aisle.
Now as a compulsive downloader I have already prepared an entire compilation disk of potential 'bridal marches'. You would probably be very shocked and/or appalled to know how many varieties of that one song exist in the universe. Anything from a techno version to what sounds like the largest organ on earth. The c.d. I made has nearly 17 tracks all of the same song just done in veeeeeeeeery different ways. Which really makes one think that there may no longer be a 'traditional' wedding march, and if that is the case what do you walk down the aisle to?
I really enjoy the processional song from the hit Adam Sandler comedy, The Wedding Singer. As it takes place in the 80's his fiancee has chosen to walk down the aisle to an instrumental version of Journey's 'Don't Stop Believing'. As this is my timeless go to karaoke song and also a cherished classic I think that would be an amazing song to kick off a lifelong journey. Get it journey/Journey... oh I crack myself up:)
That might not play out to well in the massive, traditional cathedral where my mother anticipates my nuptials will take place but a girl can always dream.
So that shall be the question of the day. If you have yet to take the plunge, or you had it to do over again what would you walk down the aisle to? Choose wisely apparently it is an important day:)

1 comment: