Thursday, April 22, 2010

Oh for the love of Prom!

So there are these mentally challenged teens that clean the Sports Blast as part of a developing world skills program and yesterday they were talking about their prom that is coming up this weekend which got me thinking about proms and prom season in general. I was joking to Gus that I really wanted to go to one and that we should volunteer to which he rationally replied

"I think you have to be affiliated with a high school to do that" Jerk.

Merely a technicality as far as I am concerned. Ask my parents I am not above crashing proms :) Anyways I was feeling nostalgic for my high school formal days and decided to play with some pictures which I am posting now for your viewing enjoyment. Note that most of them include my high school boyfriend Jack who I went to both junior and senior prom with and while we no longer are really friends I will always remember him as the best high school boyfriend ever :)

Enjoy the pics!

Jonny's (senior?) prom where he went with literally the girl next door Caitlin. The were totally cute together.

I absolutely loved everything about my senior prom outfit, the vintage Montaldo gown from 1963, vintage costume jewelry and of course my hair do which BroJo likened to a mullet. He is such a boy.


Best friend forever Dani who is still the love of my life and a total rockstar.

All the pretty ladies, it is funny looking back and thinking about how much stress and drama and planning went into all the prom festivities.

My junior prom rocking the Jessica McClintook gown that costs under $25 at Hechts. Mommy and I are some bomb ass bargain hunters.

Jonny and his junior (?) year prom date Lacey who is also crazy artistic, she made her own prom ensemble. Jonny on the other hand did not design that tie. Where did he even get that tie?Yikes!

I love how prom season coincided with the azaleas. Making for lovely photo opportunities.

This was the Governor's school prom that I went to my senior year with my neighbor Allen who is gay and happily committed living in San Francisco.... time flies :)

Must.not.stab.

Apparently the parentals did not have to dress up for the photo ops:) Tee-hee just kidding this is one of my favorite pictures.
Bahahaha I think I need more white tuxedos in my life.
My best Trinity girlfriends, it was such a crazy transition for public to private school and these chicks really helped.
Playing dress up, my absolute favorite thing to do!
Posing at the Jefferson and pretending like we were in a Bond movie oh the glory days!

1 comment:

  1. Guess who had a major emotional clash here???
    I laughed and cried...snif.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete