Thursday, March 25, 2010

Anna is back!


Yesterday was a special occasion for Hermie and myself because we still celebrate our month anniversaries and we are coming up on two years so we try to do little cute things and celebrate every month on the 24th.


Gus came home with a beautiful bouquet of wild flowers and while we were 'arranging' them in various vases a brown blur ran across our back yard. Gus went out to investigate and came back in with an excited and wiggly Anna Banana.


We called her mom and told her we would bring her by and she said not to bother she was over Anna and did not want to worry about her anymore.


Yeah, yeah I had heard that one before and was unwilling to fall in love with Anna all over again only to have my heart crushed. This time might be different though because when we came home from dinner last night there were bags of dog food, bones, puppy shampoo and vaccination papers waiting for us.


This time might be for real folks. Gus and I are most likely parents to the cutest, sweetest puppy in the whole wide entire world. She is currently cuddled in a ball next to the computer as I am typing giving me dirty looks for making so much noise, and while I am not going to be obnoxious about it I think she knows that she is finally home :)


Since I am going to Indy this weekend with Ms. Del Monaco she is going to have to keep Gus company while he gets some work done on his thesis but when I return we are going big. This is going to be the pinkest, sparkliest most spoiled dog in the tri-state area. But she totally deserves it.


The universe works in crazy ass ways but I think our little Southern Illinois might finally be complete, Henry is less then impressed :)

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Here's to Anna Bannana bringing you years of happiness :) And I can't wait to see the pictures of her blinged out!

    ReplyDelete