Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April 12th

This mornings super fun and completely undoctored picture of the day is brought to you by 17th St. BBQ. Gus and I love going there for super casual dinners as it is delicious and crazy close to our house (we can walk there, and let me just add it is neat being able to walk to restaurants/bars from your house I am a big fan). Last night it was sunny and rainy at the same time so we went and sat outside and that is when I observed this little gem.

Also last night marked a milestone in our 17th St. history because last night I grew a pair and worked up the courage to introduce myself to Mike himself. Mike is the Mike of 17th St. BBQ fame, he has been on tv and traveled all around the world doing BBQ -ish related things. You can learn all about his super epic feat here.

Anyways so after a pint or two I worked up the courage to go introduce myself and tell him all about how much I love my cute local little bbq joint (ironically I do not really care for their bbq but it does not really hinder my experience that much). He was completely gracious even after I told him that I was the Mayor of 17th St (on FourSquare of course) he seemed very impressed by my loyalty and love of his little meat empire and it was super awesome getting to finally talk to the legend himself. When you guys come to visit I will take you to meet Mike, promise!

1 comment: