Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fabulous News :)




Today this blogger is one happy lady because Hermie has purchased a ticket to fly home to the land of Hampton Roads next weekend.

Hurray!

It has been over a month since the last time I saw him and that is really just entirely too long.
I am not sure what fabulous and nostalgic things we might do but I really want to take him to my Wal-Mart and drag his butt in front of the rude check out boy who has on several occasions commented on my purchases of 'single girl' food.

As if one did not feel badly enough about buying single serving frozen vegetables and SmartOnes meals the guy at Wal Mart has to go ahead and in front of the disgruntled, poorly dressed couples behind me call me out for my pathetic purchases.

Well I will show him! Ha. Idohaveaboyfriendandhelovesmesothere!

That is the thing about being in a long distance relationship, unlike Hannah Montana who makes the best of both worlds having your boy live far away is the exact polar opposite.

It is the worst of both worlds.

You get none of the benefits of being single and none of the benefits of being in a relationship.

For example, you go to a bar with friends and a boy offers to buy you a drink. You politely decline not wanting to give him the wrong idea but alas there is no boyfriend there to buy you a drink or defend your honor. So you wind up sitting at a bar, relegated to being a third wheel and feeling so depressed that you wind up incurring a massive bar tab that you then have to pay because you are no longer at liberty to use your red hair and charming personality to your advantage.

Sigh.

That is completely hypothetical of course. I imagine that's how one might feel in that situation.

Not being able to see or talk to you best friend because he is far away, stuck in a basement all day doing various research and tests is definitely a challenge in a relationship.
Especially if one is an insecure jealous wench (ahem) .

Needless to say the last three months have been exceedingly difficult.

Long distance blows, I would never wish it on my worst enemy.
Well maybe my wooooooorst enemy but she totally deserves it.

I am very glad that Hermie is coming home. I think that it will give me some closure in my Williamsburg scene and really get me excited for the move that is only a few weeks away :)

I am really looking forward to being the girl standing with her boyfriend in the Wal-Mart check out line and no matter how smug and content I feel in my blissfully happy relationship I would never ever be condescending to the girl in front of me with her cart full of microwave dinners and yogurt.

At some point we have all been that girl before and while it definitely makes you stronger having someone push your cart for you while you flip through the latest People magazine is a much nicer place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment