Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Getting close


So I dropped Herman off at the airport yesterday and drove away much like a sad movie and it was hard to say goodbye after such an incredible weekend. Everytime I go out there it is like a vacay to a new world with lots to explore and do, but him being here in the Burg was just so natural.

It was hard to believe when he was here that he had been gone for months. We went to Bay Days and I did NOT get a bubble gun (ahem), I engaged in a v. rough game of pick up football with the Diggs brothers and we took an amazing road trip to Ernie's to celebrate my Grandmamas birthday. We also managed to fit in our old favorites like margaritas at Pancho and Sunday night football games that I have no interest in but which serve as the perfect sedative.

Just a great weekend. It really emphasized though how close we are to the move. Just a few more weeks now and they are really going to go by very quickly. So I need to get my game face on. This weekend is Cleveland which I cannot wait for and then its just two weeks until the U-Haul takes me away. Its a little bittersweet but not really I am crazy excited.

OH! Before I forget for those of you who may or may not be in the Richmond area on October 3rd I would like to invite you to my super laid back going away shindig. I am having it at Liberty Valence on Forrest Hill where I will be singing karaoke and drinking beer out of mason jars in a cocktail dress. You are all of course invited. It should be quite fun indeed. No pressure just good old fashioned Conestoga wagons :) Hope you can make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment