Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cleveland Rocks.


Well it seems like I should be very use to air travel by now. I have spent more time in airports this last summer than I have in the past three years. That's what happens when people have to go and move all far away. So since I have embraced the airplane, mama and I have chosen to jet off to the lovely land of Cleveland as opposed to embarking on our customary eight hour road trip.

Since this means we will be spending no time on the Pennsylvania parkway I for one am ecstatic. Plus we get to go to Cleveland to stay with Marcy and play and shop and drink and just be back in my happy place.

I still get a little misty during the opening credits of the 'Drew Carey Show', true story.

Most people would probably find it odd that a Midwestern town like Cleveland, Ohio could be someones happy place, after all its known for a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and a sub-par football team. Those people are dumb though.

Cleveland is magical.

Those people have never sat in a pastel colored ice cream parlor and dug in to the best hot fudge sundae on the planet. (Thanks for always finishing them off for me daddy! )

Those people have never been in the madness of Tower City at Christmas time, or been chased by nuns around the Little Sisters of the Poor because Jon Greene was driving the Rascal waaaayyyy too fast.

Those people have never been woken up at Marcy's house to kitty's sniffing you and the smell of bacon and the sound of a champagne bottle opening at 8 a.m., or been there when it started snowing as if on cue right after you finished devouring the pie buffet at Aunt Barb and Uncle Pats.

Cleveland to me is family and Thanksgiving, too much delicious food and much too much champagne. Its dressing up, it bars, its old friends, its Grandma, its Chinese cookies and mass.
Like I said its magical, and mom and I will be there tomorrow.

Try not to be too jealous, we will take lots of pictures :)

1 comment:

  1. My sentiments exactly.
    Made me a little misty, sniff.
    Can't wait either, hurry home.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete