Friday, May 7, 2010

Life is good :)

Don't you just love my Cinco De Mayo cupcakes? I made them for the boys at my local Mexican restaurant Sergios and they were a huge hit. A whole lot of food coloring and funfetti goes a long way :) So this has been an awesome week for me. Last week as many of you probably don't know was pretty awful. I was training for the census bureau job as an enumerator which made me question my station and life and I came home everyday in tears yelling at Gus for tricking me into moving to a God forsaken wasteland. Yea. Bad week.

But in a awesome twist on the last day of training my terrible crew leader was fired and was replaced by an amazing young woman who is easy going and effortless to get along with. That same day I was informed that due to summer cut backs my hours at the gymnasium of horrors were being reduced by about 80% and I would essentially be working every birthday party this summer. Yeah no. So I quit. Well sort of I basically told them that with the census bureau job I would not be able to work Saturdays.... so I am done. I have some guilt because I am not one to just leave things but I feel so flippin incredible. It is like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I am free free free as a bird!!!! Be very happy for me because life is good.

So this week has been my first real week as an enumerator and it has been truly incredible. I am absolutely loving it. Mom does not want me to write about it but it has been so much fun. I make my own hours and so far my assignments have been in these crazy posh burrows of Carbondale that I did not even know existed. I have interviewed really interesting people (who knew Carbondale has such a big Iranian population?) and I am getting paid crazy well and make fifty cents for every mile driven. Everyday is kind of an adventure and I am still able to work out and shop and go on fun road trips with Hermie. The best part of it all, no more birthday parties or tennis reservations or batting cages. Hallelujah praise Jesus!

It is only an eight week assignment so I will have to get back to job hunting but I am looking forward to being able to travel this summer and do fun things with my new found wealth and freedom. Thank you Federal Government and constitutional decrees :)

1 comment:

  1. Cool cupcakes! Where did you find the matching wrappers?

    ReplyDelete