Thursday, May 13, 2010

My 24th Year

My 24th party was quite an affair. My parents agreed to let my peeps invade Roxshire for a balls to the wall game of croquet. What is funny is that I had never played before the party and now Gus and I play a few times a week and bring our set to party's to push it on other people :) This was such a wonderful evening. Everyone dressed in theme (except Gus, we were not dating then because that would not fly now) and my parents made a delicious dinner topped off with mint juleps and gin and tonics. Everything is just better in argyle I think. It was classy and elegant and a perfect way to celebrate a birthday. I think we are going to need a 2nd annual tournament here pretty soon, eh?

Enjoying a celebratory cocktail after the tournament.

Everything is classier when you are wearing hats!
My lovely and perfectly attired familia mint julep and all :)
Every year for my birthday my mom takes me to get my nails done but this year she could not go with me so I took Jonny instead, and hilarity ensued.
Meanwhile back in the Burg those who could not make it to the tournament took me to a delicious supper, complete once more with sombreros.
Jolly good times indeed!
This poor girl had a hard enough time with his nails, thank goodness he did not get a pedicure!
My super delicious triffle that Mommy made, apparently she was too exhausted after all the baking to invest in a legit candle though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment