Thursday, May 13, 2010

My 21st Year!

People here joke with me alot and say that I use the word bananas too often as an expression for something that is crazy but my 21st birthday really was bananas. My parents went all out. I had a brand new dress, new jewelry, even a tan for goodness sakes! They reserved me a table at the swanky Tobacco Company for appetizers and cocktails and then retired while the rest of us flailed in a very dignified way down to cobble stoned streets of Shockoe Bottom. It was glorious. My id worked in all new ways, I felt and looked like a princess. While neither of my parents really understood or bought into the significance of a 21st birthday they knew it was important to me and they made it extra special. There was nothing tawdry or tacky about the night it was just an evening of celebrating one of lifes little mile markers and ushering in a new age of maturity (and poverty and obesity :) I will forever look back on 21 as one of my best birthdays ever. Oh the glory days.....
Group pic in the uber lovely front parlor of the Tobacco Company
Super, super happy because I got Roberts Rules of Order as a birthday present. Yes, I am a massive nerd it is true.
All my boys wore pink ties in what I felt was a very fitting tribute. teehee
My first legal drink ever, a frozen margarita at Carrabbas, random indeed.
Double fisting?Hey its my birthday why not :)
My awesome family treating me like royalty on my special day.
Great friends and great wine, who could ask for anything more?
A birthday cheers for me, slaijante!
My bestest blondes forever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment